ZBrush is the perfect software choice for creating highly detailed and accurate models of organic structures. In this tutorial, Eric Keller demonstrates his entire process for modeling the head of the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster . The tutorial teaches you intermediate and advanced ZBrush modeling techniques with clear explanations of the techniques involved. Brush customization, creative masking, and fibermesh techniques are explored as well as several approaches to using reference imagery. The tutorial includes a discussion of how to optimize the layout of the ZBrush interface.
- Learn how to collect and import reference images
- Build the fly head model from a single sphere
- Learn how to use polygrouping
- Learn advanced ZSphere techniques
- Learn how to generate masks to accurately sculpt compound insect eyes.
- Learn approaches to creating organic details
- Understand Fibermesh settings for creating realistic hairs
- Understand rendering in ZBrush
TABLE of CONTENTS